The Padilla Group Recipes
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached flour
- 1 1/4 cups cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or lard
- 1/2 cup Don Victor™ honey
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries or raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place carrots in a saucepan; add milk, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- In mixing bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, eggs, butter and honey.
- Stir in dried blueberries or raisins, carrots, and liquid.
- Butter a large loaf pan. Pour batter into pan and bake for 60 to 70 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted in the center of bread comes out clean.
Featured In This Recipe...