The Padilla Group Recipes
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 Don Victor™ cup honey
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons almond extract
- 6 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups dried cherries or cranberries
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- Fat free vanilla yogurt (optional)
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, milk powder, honey, apple juice concentrate and oil. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved; stir in extract.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, cherries and almonds. Drizzle with sugar mixture and mix well.
- Spread in a thin layer in two 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pans coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. cool completely. Serve with yogurt if desired. Store in an airtight container.
Featured In This Recipe...