The Padilla Group Recipes
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 tsp chopped La Morena Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce, plus more to taste
- 1 pound clean and deveined shrimp
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes (from 1 Roma tomato)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped La Morena Sliced Green Pickled Jalapeno Peppers
- 1/4 cup sweet whole kernel corn, cooked and cooled (no salt added)
- 2 tbsp chopped green onions (dark green parts only)
- 1 tbsp sour cream, plus more to taste
- Combine BBQ sauce and chopped chipotle peppers in small bowl. Add more peppers to taste. Pour 3 tbsp of mixed sauce into plastic storage bag and combine with shrimp. Marinate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- In the meantime, chop and dice all other ingredients to prepare.
- Heat a grill pan to medium. Remove shrimp from bag and discard leftover marinade. Grill shrimp 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through. While grilling, brush 2 tbsp of spicy sauce on shrimp.
- Remove to a cutting board. Allow to cool 5 minutes, then cube.
- Refrigerate until ready to combine with salad.
- Combine shrimp with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, corn, and green onions. Pour sour cream and remaining 3 tbsp of spicy sauce over the salad.
- Toss and serve.
Featured In This Recipe...