The Padilla Group Recipes
- 1 cup Don Victor™ Honey
- 1 Tbsp crystallized ginger
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup chopped kumquats
- 1 bag (12 oz) fresh cranberries
- 1 fresh lemon, juiced
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the honey, ginger, and cinnamon sticks; heat to a slow boil.
- Add the kumquats, turn heat down to low, and simmer until kumquats are just softened.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the kumquats and the cinnamon sticks to a separate bowl, and remove the cinnamon sticks and discard them, keeping the kumquats only; set aside.
- Into the saucepan, add cranberries and cook over medium-low heat until the cranberries burst.
- Remove the saucepan from heat, stir in the lemon juice and set aside until the mixture is cooled.
- When cool, add the kumquats into the saucepan, stir until combined.
- Pour into a bowl or into a jar, cover and refrigerate.
- Enjoy anytime a sweet relish is wanted, such as with pork tenderloin or sliced roasted turkey or other poultry.
Featured In This Recipe...