Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1 kg shrimp, peeled and headless
- 50 gram stick of El Yucateco Achiote annatto
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves
- 16 sticks for skewers
- Thread shrimps on each skewer.
- Blend together annatto/achiote, pineapple juice, vinegar, and garlic.
- With the annatto/achiote mixture, marinate the shrimp in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- In a pan or grill, fry the shrimp skewers with a bit of oil or roast on both sides. Garnish with sliced spring onion stalks.